CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

viernes, 5 de junio de 2009

do schools kill the children's creativity?



Today I'll write about a very interesting conference I watched in ted.com
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

The person speaking is Sir Ken Robinson, who is very good at giving a speech (you can see he makes very funny jokes but also he makes the conference interesting)
Let me tell you that I completely agree with this man.
I believe that schools kill the imagination and creativity of very talented children. I feel so sad when I think in how many amazing, gifted people have waste a huge talent just because no one gave them the opportunity to express it.
Our social system ( political and economical) is focus on the efficiency and productivity of people, how they need to be prepared to get into the labor world since they are very little, and all the things that the government think are not important are left behind from the official curriculum.

Here in Chile is the same situation. our economical system rules the schools and ask them to teach the most important things a person needs to know to get into the university and to get a job (math, language, English, etc) and the arts are almost out of schools (or seeing as an extra class) because Chilean people think that you can’t make a living by working in something related to art (being a singer, an actor, a dancer etc)
As you can see, money is the most important issue here in my beloved country.

My school was a very good example of this situation. The school tough hundreds of children and the goal was to make them able to pass the PSU exam. They thought this exam was the only way to take children out of poverty. But it is? People who work in something related to art and are talented; actually make million of pesos compared to the ones who have a regular job.
So everyone is just going nuts, don’t you think?

3 comentarios:

Creacion Enferma dijo...

I'm looking forward to the finished post!!!!!!

Nicki dijo...

Hi beautiful "thing" :D
I miss U so much!
Ponny I got sick again!
I'm a $·%&$%#@! loser :(
well, c ya on monday
(K)

[SuperAddo] dijo...

OMG YOU'RE SO BRILLIANT! I LOVE YOU SO! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING U ON WEDNESDAY GREEK PONY... XD